FINANCE AND PLANNING COMMITTEE CHARTER
First Adopted February 25, 2004
Revised July 8, 2009
The Finance and Planning Committee (the "Committee") is a committee of the Board of Directors (the "Board") of Enventis Corporation (the "Company"). The Committee assists the Board in the oversight and implementation of the long-term business goals of the Company.
The Committee shall consist of at least three Directors chosen by the Board.
Authority and Responsibility
1. Overall Role. The Committee is responsible for recommending to the Board specific analysis and studies that support the missions and strategic goals of the Company. The Committee also makes recommendations to the Board on the financial aspects of major transactions and new proposed programs.
2. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor the performance of business sectors against approved business plans and other financial trends.
- Evaluate financial reporting metrics and reports provided to the Board by management.
- Review recommendations for corrective actions to bring the organization into compliance with its business plan and other financial targets.
- Monitor key financial performance measures and review actual performance versus targets, long-term trends and appropriate benchmarks.
- Review the allocations of corporate resources recommended by management, including the consistency of such activities and allocations with the long-term business objectives and strategic plans of the Company.
- Recommend to the Board financial initiatives that maintain and improve the financial health and integrity of the Company.
- Review for potential recommendation to the Board large unbudgeted capital expenditures that exceed thresholds or are above management's business plan.
- Review the financial aspects of major proposed agreements (i.e. mergers, acquisitions, dispositions), proposals for new or discontinued programs or services, bank debt renewals or enhancements, alternative sources of capital, etc. and make recommendations for action to the Board.
3. Maintenance of Charter. The Committee shall review and reassess the adequacy of this formal written charter on at least an annual basis.
- One of the members will be designated as a Chairperson, either generally or with respect to each meeting.
- The Committee Chairperson shall review and approve an agenda in advance of each meeting.
- The Committee shall conduct or authorize investigations into any matters within the scope of their responsibilities, when called upon by the Board of Directors.
The Committee shall meet at least three times a year, or when necessary at the determination of the Committee Chairperson.